Wednesday, September 12, 2007

reviewing respite

So with the NY International Fringe Festival and the majority of the other summer fringes closed, it looks like the bulk of my summer reviewing is over. This has been a really interesting experiment for me... I don't think of myself as a writer, and certainly hadn't had to write anything on deadline since college. I got a lot out of it though; the challenge of having to have coherent, relatively text that I feel good about standing behind, delivered within 48 hours has been stressful but ultimately very rewarding.

The cool news is that Martin has asked James and I to continue on as permanent reviewers for nytheatre. I'm taking a brief break at the moment in order to get rehearsals off the ground for the new Blood Brothers show, PULP, but in a few weeks I should be back to reviewing. Looking forward to it...

No comments: